CARE AND MAINTENANCE
ROUTINE CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Hand cleaning of the coated surface, to visibly remove accumulated dust or fingerprints, can be accomplished using a number of different glass cleaning products.
RECOMMENDED ROUTINE CLEANING PRODUCTS
• Windex® Multi-Surface Cleaner (colourless liquid) produced by SC Johnson & Son Pty. Ltd.
• A mixture of one part vinegar with ten parts water. The use of ammonia-based and alcohol-based glass cleaners is not recommended as these products tend to leave visible streaks.
ROUTINE CLEANING PROCEDURE
• It is recommended that jewellery and watches be removed prior to cleaning and that gloves be worn.
• Flood the glass surface with the spray-on cleaning solution or with a cloth saturated with the cleaning solution. Be generous with the amount of solution applied.
• Rub the wet surface with a clean, lint-free towel or cloth.
• Wipe dry with a dry, clean, lint-free towel or cloth. Do not use a squeegee on the surface.
• To prevent streaking, stop wiping when the glass is almost dry and there is a uniform film of moisture left on the glass surface. The film will quickly evaporate leaving a clean surface.
Occasionally spot cleaning may be required to remove stubborn dirt or foreign materials which adhere to the surface, such as grease or oil.
Do not use razor blades, steel wool, scouring bristles or other metallic or abrasive objects on the coated surface as this will permanently scratch the product and could void the warranty.
RECOMMENDED SPOT CLEANING PRODUCTS
Acetone (solvent available from hardware stores) must be used strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and warnings.
SPOT CLEANING PROCEDURE
• Apply a small quantity of the cleaner listed above to a clean, wet cloth or towel.
• Rub on areas of glass needing spot cleaning.
• Wipe clean using a dry, clean, lint-free towel or cloth followed by a routine cleaning procedure.